Miniprogramació del curs
Jump to the 2nd Term material !
Jump to the 3rd Term material !
Correct and wrong way to sit down with a Computer:
1st Term ---
1.- Linux Torvalds video (fill in the gaps)
2.- Introduction to the Operating Systems
BBC Operating Systems introduction
Components of an Operating System - read section 4
Steps to install Ubuntu in a Computer (main points):
- Download a ISO file from the Ubuntu website. Select the desktop version you prefer for 32 or 64 bits.
- Create a bootable pendrive using the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator
- Make sure you have a backup of your important data in the PC you are going to install Ubuntu into.
- Change the BIOS options of your PC to boot from the pendrive
- Boot from pendrive
- Follow the instructions
Video about how to improve your computer (Joan Jofre)
TO BE WATCHED AT HOME
4.- Units of memory
- A bit is the smallest unit of memory. It is a 0 or a 1, white or black, yes or no depending how you interpret its meaning.
A Byte is a group of 8 bits.
- A KB (KiloByte) is composed of 1024 bytes (= 2 10 )
- A MB (MegaByte) is composed of 1024 KB
- A GB (GigaByte) is composed of 1024 MB
- A TB (TeraByte) is composed of 1024 GB
- A PB (PentaByte) is composed of 1024 TB
Counting with one hand as chinese do:
5.- Binary and Hexadecimal systems
Answer the following questions: 1. Transform the following binary numbers into decimal a) 11100101 b) 10101010 c) 00010100 2. Transform the following hexadecimal numbers into decimal a) AB90 b) 9010 c) 4BC9
binary calculator (only to check results)
BBC Material: see 3 sections: Networks and communications
Review in each of them the theory, video and questions
video about token ring
Aloha video seen at the class
Tim Berners-Lee ~ The World Wide Web:
Khan Academy: Internet videos.
0.- Symmetric and Aymmetric cryptography
The imitation game trailer
optinoal task: write a movie report to give to the teacher-
Report sample about a book
How to write a report and other writtings can be found here
1.- Watch this video by Juan Merodio
2.- Answer when a company wants to have social networks:
- When you have to use Facebook?
Video about Ubuntu (20 min)
Video about secure web connections (Joan Jofra, starting at min 35.38) Risks and implications of ICT
Data and Databases
Affiliate program by Amazon:
Things to check:
Task to be done about sequrity:
- Check how the electronic DNI works. Does it have any cryptographic key? Explain it
- Find some cryptographic algoritms. Are they private or public?
- How does Whatsapp give the encryption keys to both peers?